General Knowledge GK- SSC, UPSC, PSC, PO, SO, Bank CLERK, Defence ,Police,Railway ,Postal ,CAT, XAT, PEARL,IIFT, SNAP, MBA,GMAT, GRE,Exam 2017
This page will provide all General Knowledge information needed for competition exams mentioned here ,Stay in touch with ind-govtjobs ,as in future we will also keep on serving our esteem readers with General Knowledge GK
- General Knowledge GK- SSC, UPSC, PSC, PO, SO, Bank CLERK, Defence ,Police,Railway ,Postal Exam 2017
- LATEST WHO’S WHO
- FIRST IN THE WORLD
- General Knowledge GK |Latest GK 2017 | General Knowledge 2017
- SCIENTIFIC EXPLANATIONS OF COMMON PHENOMENA
- General Knowledge GK |Latest GK 2017 | General Knowledge 2017
- COMMON AND CHEMICAL NAMES OF SOME COMPOUNDS
- GK MCQs Test Your Knowledge
General Knowledge GK- SSC, UPSC, PSC, PO, SO, Bank CLERK, Defence ,Police,Railway ,Postal Exam 2017
LATEST WHO’S WHO
President Shri pranab Mukherjee Vice president Mhd. Hamid Ansari Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi
|Rajanath Singh||Home Affairs||9||Thaawar chand Gehlot||Social Justice and Empowerment||17||Uma Bharti>>Water resources ,river development and Ganga rejuvenation|
|Sushma Swaraj||External affairs||10||Dr. Harsh Vardhan||Science & Technology , Earth Science||18||Harsimrat Kaur Badal>>Food Processing Industries|
|Arun jaitley||Finance and corporate affairs, Defence||11||Ramvilas Paswan||Consumer affairs , food & publicditribution||19||Narendra Singh Tomar>> Rural Development, panchayati Raj Drinking Water and Sanitation|
|Venkaiah Naidu||Information & Broadcasting, Urban Development, Housing and urban poverty alleviation||12||Kalaraj Mishra||Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises||20||Chaudharry Birender Singh
|Nitin Jairam Gadkari||Road Transport, Highway and shipping||13||Ananthakumar||Chemicals and Fertilizers, parliamentary affairs||21||Jual Oram>>Tribal Affairs|
|Ravi Shankar Prasad||Law & Justice, Electronics and Information Technology||14||Jagat Prakash Nadda||Health & Family Welfare||22||Radha Mohan Singh >>Agriculture &Farmers Welfare|
|Suresh Prabhu||Railways||15||Ashok Gajapathi Raki||Civil Aviation||23||Smiriti Zubin Irani >>Textiles|
|DV Sadanada Gowda||Statistics & Programme Implementation||16||Anant Geete||Heavy Industries & public Enterprises||24||Prakash Javadekar >> Human Resource Devolopment|
Minister of State(Independent Charge)
Minister ——————————————————— Portfolio
Vijay Goyal ——————————————————— Sports & Youth Affairs, Water Resource, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation
Rao Inderjit Singh ————————————————– Planning, Urban Development , Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation
Jitendra Singh —————————————————— Development of North Eastern Region
Bandaru Dattatreya ————————————————- Labour and Employment
Rajiv Pratap Rudy —————————————————- Skill Development & Entrepreneurship
Shripad Yessso Naik —————————————————- Ayush
Dharmendra pradhan —————————————————- Petroleum and Natural Gas
Dr Harsh Vardhan ———————————————————- Environment forest and Climate Change
Piyush Goyal ——————————————————————– Power, Coal New & Renewable Energy and Mines
Mukhtar abbas Naqvi ———————————————————– Minority affairs, Parliamentary Affairs
Manoj Sinha ————————————————————————Communications and Railways
Mahesh Sharma————————————————————————Culture and Tourist
VK Singh, MJ Akbar ——————————————————————- External Affairs
Santosh Kumar Gangwar————————————————————— Finance
Faggan Singh Kulaste, Anupriya Patel————————————————- health and family Welfare
Ajay Tamta —————————————————————————- Textiles
CR Chaudhary—————————————————————————— Consumer Affairs, Food and public Distribution
Krishna Raj ———————————————————————————– Women & Child Development
Arjun Ram Meghwal —————————————————————————- Finance and corporate Affairs
Shubhash Ramrao Bhamre———————————————————————– Defence
P.Radhakrishnan ———————————————————————————– Road Transport & Highways, Shipping
Kiren Rijiju, Hansraj Gangaram Ahir—————————————————————- Home affairs
SS Ahluwalia ——————————————————————————————Agriculture &Farmers Welfare, parliamentary affairs
Jaswantsinh Sumanbhai Bhabor ———————————————————————-Tribunal
PPChaudhary —————————————————————————————– Law and Justice, Electronics & Information Technology
Ram Kripal Yadav —————————————————————————————– Rural Development
Jayant Sinha ———————————————————————————————–Civil Aviation
Vishnu Deo ————————————————————————————————– Steel
Ramesh Chandapppa Jigajinagi —————————————————————————–Drinking Water and Santitation
Giriraj Singh, Haribhai Parthibhai Chaudhary————————————————————–Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
Sanjeev Kumar Balyan————————————————————————————-Water Resources River Development & Ganga
Sudarshan Bhagat ——————————————————————————————- Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
Rajen Gohain ————————————————————————————————- Railways
Mansukh L. Mandaviya ———————————————————————————-Road Transport and Highways, Shipping, Chemicals & Fertilizers
Parushottam Rupata ———————————————————————————–Agriculture and Farmers Welfare and Panchayati Raj
Mehendra Nath pandey, Upendra Kushwaha———————————————————Human Resource Development
YS Chowdhary ——————————————————————————————— Science & Technology and Earth Sciences
Babul Supriyo ———————————————————————————————- Urban Development, Housing and Urban poverty Alleviation, Heavy Industries & public enterprises
Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore —————————————————————————– Information & Broadcasting
Sadhvi Nirnjan Jyoti —————————————————————————————- food Processing Industries
Vijay Sampla, Krishan Pal, RamDas Athawale————————————————————–Social Justice & Empowerment
Governors and Chief Ministers
State Governor Chief Minister
Andhra Pradesh ESlNarasimhan N. Chandrababu Naidu
Arunachal Predesh PB Acharya(Add.Charge) Pema Khandu
Assam Banwanial Purohit Sarbananda Sonowal
Bihar RamNath Kovind Nitish Kumar
Chattisgarh Balram Das Tandon Raman Singh
Goa Mridula Sinha Manohar Parikar
Gujrat OP Kohil Vijay Rupani
Haryana Kaptan SinghSolanki Manohar Lal Khattar
Himachal Predesh Acharya Dev Vrat Virbhadra Singh
Jammu-Kashmir NN Vohara Mehbooba Mufti
Jharkand Draupadi Murmu Raghubir Das
Karnataka Vajubhai R.Vala K. Sidharamaiah
Kerala P.Sathasivam P. Vijayan
Madhya Pradesh OP Kohli(add.Charge) Shivraj singh chauhan
Maharashtra C.Vidyasagar Rao Devendra Phadanvis
Manipur Najma Heptullah N. Biren Singh
Meghalaya Banwarilal purohit (Add.Charge) Mukul Sangma
Mizoram Nirbhay Sharma P.Lalthanhawla
Nagaland PB Acharya Shurhozelie Liezietsu
Odisha SC Jamir Naveen Patnaik
Punjab VP SinghBadnore Amrinder Singh
Rajasthan Kalyan Singh Vasundhara Raje
Sikkim Srinivas patil Pawan Chamling
Tamilnadu C.Vidyasagar Rao EK palaniswami
Telangana ESLNarasimhan (Add.Charge) K.Chandrashekhar Rao
Tripura Tathagat Rai Manik Sarkar
Utter Pradesh RamNaik Adityanath Yogi
Uttarkhand KK Paul Trivendra SinghRawat
West Bengal Kesari Nath Tripathi Mamta Benerjee
FIRST IN THE WORLD
- The first person to reach Mount Everest
Sherpa Tenzing, Edmund Hillary
- The first person to reach North Pole
- The First person to reach South Pole
- The first religion of the world
- The first country to print book
- The first country to issue paper currency
- The first country to commence competitive examination in civil services
- The First President of the U.S.A
- The first Prime Minister of Britain
- The First Governor General of the United Nations.
FIRST IN THE WORLD:-
- The First country to win football World cup
- The first country to prepare a constitution
13.The first Governor General of Pakistatan
Mohd. Ali Jinnah
14.The first country to host NAM summit
- The first European to attack India
Alexander, The Great
- The first European to reach China
- The first person to fly Aeroplane
- The First Country to send man to the moon
- The First country to launch Artificial satellite in the space
- The first country to host the modern Olympics
- The first city on which the atom bomb was dropped
- The first person to land on the moon
Neil Armstrong Followed by Edwin E. Aldrin
- The first shuttle to go in space
- The first spacecraft to reach on Mars
- The first woman Prime Minister of England
- The First muslim Prime Minister of a country
Benazir Bhutto (Pakistan)
- The first woman Prime Minister of a country
Mrs. S. Bandarnaike (Sri Lanka)
- The first woman to climb Mount Everest
Mrs. Junko Tabei (Japan)
- The first man to fly into space
Yuri Gagarin (Russia)
- The first man to have climbed Mount Everest twice
General Knowledge GK |Latest GK 2017 | General Knowledge 2017
SCIENTIFIC EXPLANATIONS OF COMMON PHENOMENA
- The filament of an electic bulb is made of tungsten because it has a high melting point and can be heated to a high temperature to emit light.
- A sliced apple, when exposed to air, turns brown after some time as it contains iron which gets oxidized and gives the fruit a brownish colour.
- A wick in a stove keeps burning continuously as kerosene rises in the wick due to capillary action.
- The earth rotates on its axis from west to east. This rotation makes the sun and the stars appear to be moving across the sky from east to west.
- Food is cooked quickly in a pressure cooker because the boiling point of water increases at high pressure. Food cooks faster at high temperature.
- In mountainous regions, the atmospheric pressure is less than it is at sea level. Water, therefore, boils at a lower temperature (less than 100 C) and food takes more time to cook.
- When ice floating in a glass of water melts, the level of water remains unchanged because as a solid, ice displaces an equal volume of water.
- A man weight more at the poles than at the equator because the polar radius of the Earth is less than the equatorial radius. Hence the gravitational pull is more at the poles than at the equator.
- Standing in double-decker buses, particularly on the upper floor, is not allowed because on tilting, the centre of gravity of the bus gets changed and it is likely to overturn.
- The boiling point of seawater will be more than the boiling point of pure water because the former contains salt the other impurities.
- An ordinary clock loses time in summer because the length of its pendulum increases, and therefore, its time period also increases. The pendulum takes more time to complete each oscilation and thus loses time.
- Whenever there is water loss from the body, secretion of saliva is reduced resulting in dryness of the mouth and stimulating the sensation of thirst. Intake of fluid then helps in restoring the loss of the water.
- A swimmer just out of the river feels cold particularly if it is windy, because of the evaporation of water from his body surface. The evaporation is more on a windy day.
- Alcohol is sometimes rubbed on the body of a person suffering from fever. As soon as it is applied on the body, it evaporates taking away some heat from the body. Since evaporation has a cooling effect, the body temperature can be reduced by rubbing alcohol.
- Soft iron is used as an electromagnet because it remains a magnet only while the current passes through the coil around it and loses its magnetism when the current is switched off.
- The person jumping out of a moving train is carried forward in the direction of the train because the person himself is in motion sharing the velocity of the train and will continue in its state of uniform motion unless it exercises some force to prevent it (Newton’s first law of motion)
- A lighting conductor is fixed to tall buildings to protect them from the destructive effects of the lightning.
- An electric bulb makes a bang when it is broken because there is a vacuum inside the electric bulb; when the bulb is broken air rushes in at great speed from all sides to fill the vacuum. The rushing of air produces a noise generally referred to as the “bang”.
- A small space is left between each set of two rails of railway line to allow for their expansion in summer.
- A bad egg floats in water because the up-thrust produced on account of displaced water by the immersed portion of the bad egg is greater than the weight of the egg.
——————————————————————————— SCIENTIFIC EXPLANATIONS OF COMMON PHENOMENA
- Moisture gathers on the outer surface of a glass tumbler containing cold water because the water vapours present in the air get cooled and appear as droplets of water on coming in contact with the cold surface of the glass tumbler.
- The launching of Earth satellites should be from a place near the equator to take the fullest advantage of the Earth’s movements. The regions of the Earth closer to the equator are moving faster through space as compared to regions elsewhere. Thus at the equator, rockets would start off with a speed of nearly 1600 km/hour. Further, rockets are usually fired in the direction of the Earth’s rotation.
- In deserts, day temperatures are very high and night temperatures are extremely low because the specific heat of sand is very low. It, therefore, absorbs the heat readily and its temperature rises by a large degree during the day. At night sand radiates the heat equally readily, making the temperature low.
- If you are sweating, you will feel cooler on a hot day than on a cooler moist day because on a hot dry day the perspiration gets evaporated quickly producing more cooling effect.
- The air escaping from a punctured tyre feel cold because the air escaping from a punctured tyre enters a region of low pressure from high pressure and thus suffers a fall in temperature.
- White roof keeps the house cooler in summer than black roof because white roof reflects more and absorbs less heat rays whereas black roof absorbs more and reflects less heat rays.
- It is hotter on a cloudy night than on a clear night because clouds prevent the heat radiated by the Earth from escaping into the sky.
- Ice wrapped in a blanket does not melt away quickly because woolen blanket is a bad conductor of heat.
- A rose appears red when day light falls on it because it absorbs all the constituent colours of white light except red, which it reflects to us.
- Grass appears dark in blue light because it has the property of absorbing all other colours except its own colour. The blue rays falling on the grass are absorbed by it and hence it appears dark in colour.
- A group of soldiers on a bridge are advised not to walk in steps because their movement causes the bridge to vibrate. It they walk in step the frequency of vibration may match the natural frequency of the bridge structure, thereby causing resonance. This resonance of frequency can cause the bridge to collapse.
- When the wind is blowing at high speed, the roofs of the hutments are sometimes blown away. The pressure at the top falls much below the pressure below the roof. This difference in pressure across the roof causes it to be blown away.
- Human breath is visible in winter but not in summer because in winter air is cold and so water vapours present in the human breath condense, making it visible.
- Steam causes more severe burns than boiling water because steam at the same temperature has more latent heat which causes more severe burns than boiling water at the same temperature.
- It is not advisable to wash a clinical thermometer with boiling water because the boiling point of water is much above the maximum provided in the clinical thermometer. As a result, pressure from undue expansion of mercury may break it.
- We experience difficulty in breathing on mountains because the pressure of the air outside is less as compared to the pressure of air inside the lungs.
- A perspiring man feels relief when air floats by his side because the flow of air increases the rate of evaporation of perspiration from the body.
- A thick glass tumbler often cracks when very hot liquid is poured into it because the inner surface of the thick glass tumbler coming in contact with the hot liquid expands more in comparison with the outer surface which has relatively lower temperature. This unequal expansion of inner and outer surfaces causes the tumbler to crack.
- When a gun is fired at a visible distance, the sound is heard a little after the smoke is seen because the velocity of light is much higher than that of sound.
General Knowledge GK |Latest GK 2017 | General Knowledge 2017
COMMON AND CHEMICAL NAMES OF SOME COMPOUNDS
Common Name Chemical Name Chemical Formulae
- Dry Ice Solid Carbondioxide CO2
- Slaked Lime Calcium Hydroxide Ca(OH)2
- Bleaching Powder Calcium Oxychloride CaOCI2
- Nausadar Ammonium Chloride NH4CI
- Caustic Soda Sodium Hydroxide NaOH
- Rock Salt Sodium Chloride NaCI
- Caustic Potash Potassium Hydroxide KOH
- Potash Alum Potassium Aluminium K2SO4 .AI2(SO4)3.24H2O Sulphate
- Epsom Magnesium Sulphate MgSo4 . 7H2O
- Quick Lime Calcium Oxide CaO
- Plaster of Paris Calcium Sulphate (CASO4) . 2H20
- Gypsum Calcium Sulphate CASO4 . 2H2O
- Green Vitriol Ferrous Sulphate 7H2O
- Mohr’s Salt Ammonium Ferrous FeSO4 (NH4)2SO4. 6H2O
- Blue Vitriol Copper Sulphate 5H2O
- White Vitriol Zinc Sulphate 7H2O
- Marsh Gas Methane Ch4
- Vinegar Acetic Acid Ch3COOH
- Potash Ash Potassium Carbonate K2CO3
- Hypo Sodium Thiosulphate Na2S2O3 . 5H2O
- Baking Powder Sodium Bicarbonate NaHCO3
- Washing Soda Sodium Carbonate 10H2O
- Magnesia Magnesium Oxide MgO
- Chalk(Marble) Calcium Carbonate CaCO3
- Borax Borax 10H2O
- Sugar Sucrose C12H22O11
- Globar’s Sodium Sulphate 10H2O
- N.T Tri Nitrotoluene C6H2CH3(NO2)3
- Calomal Mercurous Chloride HgCI
- Sand Silicon Oxide SiO2
SOME IMPORTANT FACTS OF THE HUMAN BODY
- Length of alimentary canal Approximately 8 metres
- BMR(Basal metabolic rate) 1600 K. Cal/day
- Number of cells in body 75 trillion
- Longest bone Femur (thigh bone)
- Smallest bone Ear ossicle, stapes
- Weight of brain 1400 gms
- Blood volume 8 litres (in 70kg body)
- Normal B.P. 120/80 mm Hg
- Number of R.B.C (a)In male: 4.5-5.0 million/cubic mm
(b)In female: 4.0-4.5 million/cubic mm
- Life span of R.B.C 120 days
- Normal W.B.C count 5000-10000/cubic mm
- Life Span of W.B.C 3-4 days
- Blood platelets count 2,00,000-4,00,000/cubic mm
- Hb content in body 500-700 gm
- Universal blood donor O Rh-ve
- Universal Blood recipient AB
- Blood clotting time 2-5 minutes
- Average body weight 70 kg
- Normal body temperature 4 f or 37c
- Breathing rate 16-20/minute
- Dental formula Adult:2123/2123=32 child:22120/2120=22
- Number of cranial nerves 12 pairs
- Number of spinal nerves 31 pairs
- Largest endocrine gland Thyroid
- Gestation period 9 month (253-266 days)
- Normal heart beat 72-75/minute
- Largest gland Liver
- Largest muscle in the body Gluteus maximus (Buttock muscle)
- Largest artery Abdominal aorta
- Largest Vein Inferior venacava
GK MCQs Test Your Knowledge
- The minimum escape velocity of a rocket to be launched into space is
- 5 km/s (b) 6 km/s
(C) 11 km/s (d) 15km/s
- The twinkling of stars is due to
- Interference between light from Sun and Moon
- Particle absorption of light in atmosphere
- Refractive Index fluctuations in atmosphere
- Periodic bursts of light from the star
- The drug which reduces Blood pressure is obtained from
- Solanum Nigrum
- Centella Asiatica
- Rauwolfia Surpentina
- The disease caused by Asbestos is
- Which part of the body is sweetest sugar?
- The drug used against ‘AIDS’ is
- The most important property of nano materials is
- The paintings of Ajanta caves depict the stories from
- Who was the first Muslim President of the Indian National Congress
- Badruddin Tyabji
- Mohammad Ali Jinnah
- Sir Syed Ahmad Khan
- Abul kalam Azad
(10) Mangrove forests are found in
(b) Sunderban Delta
(c) Lower Himalayan Ranges
(d) Western Ghats
(11) The famous Lagoon lake of India is
(a) Dal Lake
(b) Chilka Lake
(c) Pulicat Lake
(12) The first Panchayati Raj system was inaugurated by
(a) Uttar Pradesh
(b) Madhya Pradesh
(13) Who has written Panchtantra?
(C) Vishnu Sharma
14. Name the author of book’ God of Small Things’
a. Arundhuti Roy
b. Vikram Seth
c. Shiv Khera
d. Chetan Bhagat
15. Name the author of ‘An Indian Girl’
a. Chetan Bhagat
b. Shiv Khera
d. Rabindera Nath Tagore
CURRENT AFFAIRS 2016 2017 for Latest Govt Jobs Exam Preparation
Current Affairs 2016 2017| Latest Current Affairs 2016 | Today’s Current Affairs 2016 2017
Qu-Nobel Laureate and Myanmar Leader Aung San Suu Kyi was on 15 Septe 2016 honoured as the 2016 Humanitarian of the year by the students and faculty at the
Ans- Harvard Foundation
Qu- Indian Born Researcher Dinesh Bharadia, in September 2016, won the prestigious 2016 Marconi Society Paul Baran young Scholar Award of his contribution to
Ans- Radio Waves
Qu- Which Indian American Physician Author was, in Sept 2016, selected for prestigious 2015 National Humanities Medal for reminding the world that the patient is the centre of medical enterprises.
Ans- Abraham Verghese
Qu- Which state of India, in Sept 2016, won Best Horticulture State Award of Indian Council of Food and Agriculture(ICFA) for its Concerted Efforts made to increase the income of the farmers in Horticulture
Qu- Which Indian born Innovator and scientist, in Sept 2016, won the prestigious 2016 Lemelson-MIT Prize for his co-invention of an ultra-fast imaging camera that can see around corners, low coast eye care solutions
Ans- Ramesh Raskar
Qu-Who is the author of Ínto the Hidden Valley’ a novel based on the Apatani Tribe of Arunachal Pradesh, that won 2016 MM Bennetts award for Historical Fiction in the United Kingdom in Sept 2016
Ans- Stuart Blackburn
Qu-The Game of Thrones, on 18th Sept 2106, won best drama Series at the 2016 Primetime Emmy Awards at the Microsoft Theatre in Los Angeles
CONTINUE TO READ MORE CURRENT AFFAIRS 2016 2017 AND DO NOT FORGET TO GIVE YOUR FEED BACK
Qu- Which former Indian women’s cricket team captain was, in sept 2016, awarded as honour life membership of the Melbourne Cricket Club , becoming the first women cricketer to get the honour
Ans- Anjum Chopra
Qu- The Central Board of Direct taxes, on 8 sept 2016, launched e-nivaran facility for online redressal of taxpayers’ grievances related to refunds, Income tax Returns, Tax Deducted at Source and
Ans- Permanent Account Number
Qu- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs on 21st Sept 2016 approved the partial capital grant of 5176 crore rupees to GAIL India Limited for development of 2539 km long project
Ans- Jagdishpur-Haldia and Bokaro-Dhamra Gas Pipeline(JHBDPL)
Qu- Reliance Industries Limited on 1st Sept 2016 launched which service, offering free voice calls and zero roaming charges for its customers
Ans- Reliance Jio Service
Qu-The Reserve Bank of India, in Sept 2016, cancelled the certificate of registration of five non banking financial companies under clause a) of Section 45-I of the
Ans- Reserve Bank of India Act 1934
Qu- As per the govt data released on 20th Sept 2016, India’s external debt at the end of March 2016 stood at $485.6 billion, upto 2.2 per cet from over its level at over end- March 2015, largerly driven by the increase in long term external debt, particularly
Ans- NRI Deposits
Qu-According to a joint report by Google and KPMG in Sept 2016, digital classified industry is projected to grow three times to $ 1.2 billion, on the back of growing smartphone penetration and
Ans- Internet User Base
Qu-Which insurance behemoth recently came out with a closed ended plan-Bima Diamond – on the occasion of its diamond jubilee year
Ans- Life Insurance Corporation of India
CONTINUE TO READ MORE CURRENT AFFAIRS 2016 2017 AND DO NOT FORGET TO GIVE YOUR FEED BACK via Comments/likes etc
Qu- Gautam Gambhir- led India Blue defeated which team to win the inaugural day/night Duleep Trophy Cricket tournament held in Greater Noida in Sept 2016
Ans- Indian Red
Qu- Which team on 21st Sept 2016, lifted the title of the Obaidullah Khan Heritage Cup Hockey Tournament, defeating Railways in the final clash played at Aishbagh Stadium in Bhopal
Qu- Who won the 2016 Italian GrandPrix on 4th Sept 2016 , at the Auto Dromo Nazionale Monza in Monza, Itly
Qu- Which Country came first in the 2016 Track Asia Cup that concluded at the Cycling Velodrome in IG Stadium in New delhi in Sept 2016
Ans- Hong Kong
Qu- Which German tennis Star, on 10th Sept 2016, defeated Karoline Pliskova to win 2016 US open Women’s Singles title
Ans- Angelique Kerber
Qu- The Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI), in Sept 2016, signed a contract with which German company to design vessels suited to navigate the 1620 km stretch National Waterways (NW-1)
Qu-The Asian Development Bank, on 20th Sept 2016, approved 631 million US Dollars loan for construction of industrial corridor between Vishakhaptnam and Chennai, part of India ‘s first coastal industrial corridor running from West Bengal to ___ in Tamil nadu
Qu- Indian Space Research Organization successfully launched which advanced weather satellite that is an advanced meterological satellite of India configured with an imaging system and an Atmospheric Sounder
CONTINUE TO READ MORE CURRENT AFFAIRS 2016 2017 AND DO NOT FORGET TO GIVE YOUR FEED BACK
Qu- China and which country, in Sept 2106, concluded joint Sea-2016, eight days of naval exercise, in the South China sea
Qu- Where is the world’s first driverless bus service begin carrying passengers in Sept 2016.
Ans- Lyons, France
Qu- United kingdom and which Islamic Country in Sept 2016 appointed ambassador in each other’s country for the first time since 2011
Qu- China adn which country on 13th Sept 20216, agreed to properly manage their differences over territorial disputes in the south china sea and safeguard stability
Qu- Which Asian Country on 6th Sept 2016, received Certificates from WHO recognising the elimination of Yaws and Material and Neonatal Tetanus from there
Qu- Who was , in Sept 2016, named the captain of the all time India Test XI chosen by cricket magazine Wisden
Ans- M S Dhoni
Qu- Which Indian Sportsperson was on 17th Sept 2016, appointed as Brand ambassador of State-owned Punjab National Bank
Ans- Virat Kohli
Qu- Mother Teresa was, on 4th Sept 2016, Proclaimed a saint by Pope Francis in a ceremony at the Vatican, making her the ____ Indian to be Canonized.
Qu- The Board of Control of Cricket in India on 15th Sept 2016, tied up with which financial services firm as an associate sponsor
Ans- Janalaxmi Financial Services
Qu- Sony Pictures Networks India recently announced acquisition of sports broadcasting business of which channel for 385 million US Dollar in an all cash deal
Ans- Zee Entertainment
Qu- Indian Railways on 19th Sept 2016 launched which service to facilitate access to wheel chairs, battery operated cars and porter services
Ans- Yatri Mitra Sewa
Qu- Which Space Rocket exploded on its Cape Canaveral launch pad during attest on 1st Sept 2016.
Ans-SpaceX Falcon 9
Follow us ind-govtjobs.in on facebook for Latest Govt Jobs Notifications and CURRENT AFFAIRS 2016 2017